Please follow & like us :)
About the Author
Welcome to my blog about bringing out the best in children. Hundreds of teachers and parents have added thousands of excellent thoughts.
Please add yours.
Get a copy!
The Genius in Every Child
Buy the Book! < click here >
- Metastatic Imagination: More Meditations on Metastatic Melanoma January 21, 2018
- Metastatic Intergrity—a Meditation on Metastatic Melanoma January 15, 2018
- Lizzie’s Latest January 8, 2018
- “Small Class Size” Is a Misguided Fetish December 4, 2017
- What Parents and Teachers Could Learn from Diplomats November 22, 2017
“A lively, engaging, practical book that captures the dilemmas and joys of raising and schooling children.”
– Robert Evans, Ed.D., clinical and organizational psychologist and author of Family Matters
Category Archives: Altruism
To Contribute is a Basic Human Need Ever play give-and-take with babies? They pick a carrot off the tray of their highchair and hold it out to you. You take it, say “Thank you,” and give it back to them, … Continue reading →
I love No Child Left Behind. In May of 2002 I visited our local public school, hung out on the playground and just generally lurked. As the kids were waiting to go home at the end of the day, I … Continue reading →
Many of our problems in this culture stem from the fact that we see “giving to others” not as a psychological imperative but as a moral imperative. From professional psychologists to the “woman on the street” the need to make … Continue reading →
Ask Not What You Can Do for Kids, but What Kids Can Do for You Eight-months pregnant, my daughter Lizzie is getting pretty tired, and having two rambunctious boys under the age of five is getting harder. Aunt Katie came … Continue reading →
Helen was playing in the sandbox in the park, when a fight between a brother and sister broke out near her. Helen looked up from her work to see them arguing over a shovel, knocking each other to the ground. … Continue reading →