Please follow & like us :)
About the Author
Welcome to my blog about bringing out the best in children. Hundreds of teachers and parents have added thousands of excellent thoughts.
Please add yours.
Get a copy!
The Genius in Every Child
Buy the Book! < click here >
- Relationship problem? Tried Everything? What to Do? March 12, 2019
- What are the Key Ingredients for a Child’s Success? February 28, 2019
- Another Problem with Most SEL February 10, 2019
- Why Many SEL Programs Fail February 1, 2019
- Social-Emotional-Cognitive Learning January 26, 2019
“A lively, engaging, practical book that captures the dilemmas and joys of raising and schooling children.”
– Robert Evans, Ed.D., clinical and organizational psychologist and author of Family Matters
Category Archives: Culture
Five-year-old Sokha, a Cambodian orphan adopted by a white couple, came into our kindergarten. He immediately showed himself to be a happy, gregarious, curious boy. But Sokha engaged with others in ways they were not used to. Please follow and like … Continue reading →
Another problem with SEL(“Social-Emotional-Learning”) programs is that they treat children as if they are social-emotional novices. Please follow and like us:
“Although ‘Social-Emotional-Learning may be intended to empower students, many elementary students in these programs learn to equate leadership with obedience.” Please follow and like us:
SEL (“Social-Emotional Learning”) has become popular, but we must go deeper. Education occurs only when social-emotional and cognitive learning occur at the same time. Academics must occur in the context of SEC learning. Please follow and like us:
If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you. —The Gospel of Thomas Kathryn, an academic, athletic and … Continue reading →