Please follow & like us :)
About the Author
Welcome to my blog about bringing out the best in children. Hundreds of teachers and parents have added thousands of excellent thoughts.
Please add yours.
Get a copy!
The Genius in Every Child
Buy the Book! < click here >
- Can Documentation Help Schooling Be an Education? August 20, 2017
- Conflict and Character July 26, 2017
- Schoolyard Nastiness and Democracy July 6, 2017
- Decision-Making: The Key Variable in School Culture June 26, 2017
- Executive Function Coaching Saves Lives June 10, 2017
“A lively, engaging, practical book that captures the dilemmas and joys of raising and schooling children.”
– Robert Evans, Ed.D., clinical and organizational psychologist and author of Family Matters
Category Archives: Disobedience
Margaret had a classic class clown in her second grade one year. Ruben was smart, active, inquisitive, and made the class laugh several times a day, disrupting Margaret’s lessons. She found him infuriating, but fury was not recognized as an … Continue reading →
Diane whose teenager, Laura, hadn’t earned her allowance “in forever” because she never finished her chores all the way, decided to try a different tack and ask Laura for some advice. Diane said, “I have an employee who wants to … Continue reading →
In response to last week’s post about bringing your whole self to the table, an old friend (not that old, actually) asked: “When I was a student, and also when I was a parent watching our kids go through school, … Continue reading →
When our children are new, we try to mold family life—including our children’s behavior—into the way we want it. By the time our children enter kindergarten, we have done so much training that children are hard-wired with our values: be … Continue reading →