Please follow & like us :)
About the Author
Welcome to my blog about bringing out the best in children. Hundreds of teachers and parents have added thousands of excellent thoughts.
Please add yours.
Get a copy!
The Genius in Every Child
Buy the Book! < click here >
- Relationship problem? Tried Everything? What to Do? March 12, 2019
- What are the Key Ingredients for a Child’s Success? February 28, 2019
- Another Problem with Most SEL February 10, 2019
- Why Many SEL Programs Fail February 1, 2019
- Social-Emotional-Cognitive Learning January 26, 2019
“A lively, engaging, practical book that captures the dilemmas and joys of raising and schooling children.”
– Robert Evans, Ed.D., clinical and organizational psychologist and author of Family Matters
Category Archives: Empowerment
Five-year-old Sokha, a Cambodian orphan adopted by a white couple, came into our kindergarten. He immediately showed himself to be a happy, gregarious, curious boy. But Sokha engaged with others in ways they were not used to. Please follow and like … Continue reading →
“Although ‘Social-Emotional-Learning may be intended to empower students, many elementary students in these programs learn to equate leadership with obedience.” Please follow and like us:
SEL (“Social-Emotional Learning”) has become popular, but we must go deeper. Education occurs only when social-emotional and cognitive learning occur at the same time. Academics must occur in the context of SEC learning. Please follow and like us:
At nine months, granddaughter Zoe, pulled herself into a standing position at a small wooden stool in our kitchen. Her cousins were nearby, and five-year-old Ilyas put a small square block in front of her. With dramatic force, she swatted … Continue reading →
“I hate him,” said Gabby when I asked her to tell me about her teenage son. Please follow and like us: