Please follow & like us :)
About the Author
Welcome to my blog about bringing out the best in children. Hundreds of teachers and parents have added thousands of excellent thoughts.
Please add yours.
Get a copy!
The Genius in Every Child
Buy the Book! < click here >
- I Hate Him September 28, 2017
- Good Parents are Good Leaders (and Never Underestimate Kids) September 11, 2017
- Five Challenges for a Great New School Year September 3, 2017
- Can Documentation Help Schooling Be an Education? August 20, 2017
- Conflict and Character July 26, 2017
“A lively, engaging, practical book that captures the dilemmas and joys of raising and schooling children.”
– Robert Evans, Ed.D., clinical and organizational psychologist and author of Family Matters
Category Archives: Enthusiasm
I love No Child Left Behind. In May of 2002 I visited our local public school, hung out on the playground and just generally lurked. As the kids were waiting to go home at the end of the day, I … Continue reading →
What can you trust kids to do on their own? Almost anything if you play your cards right. Please follow and like us:
My daughter and I take turns behind the wheel driving south through Virginia on I-81 with my 10-year-old granddaughter in the back. Riding shotgun, Brooke calls home to tell her 13-year-old daughter and husband that we will be arriving tomorrow … Continue reading →
May I Ask Where You’re Going With All This? A New Yorker cartoon shows a teacher at a blackboard with numbers on it: 2 + 2 = 4, and 5 – 3 = 2, and 2 + 3 = 5, … Continue reading →
Everything you need to know to run an organization you can learn by watching a great kindergarten teacher. Early in September The Economist published an article by Schumpeter entitled “Montessori management” (sic) using Montessori and “progressive” education as a straw … Continue reading →