Please follow & like us :)
About the Author
Welcome to my blog about bringing out the best in children. Hundreds of teachers and parents have added thousands of excellent thoughts.
Please add yours.
Get a copy!
The Genius in Every Child
Buy the Book! < click here >
- “Not Yet Dead” April 10, 2018
- Metastatic Imagination: More Meditations on Metastatic Melanoma January 21, 2018
- Metastatic Intergrity—a Meditation on Metastatic Melanoma January 15, 2018
- Lizzie’s Latest January 8, 2018
- “Small Class Size” Is a Misguided Fetish December 4, 2017
“A lively, engaging, practical book that captures the dilemmas and joys of raising and schooling children.”
– Robert Evans, Ed.D., clinical and organizational psychologist and author of Family Matters
Category Archives: perseverance
Man should not try to avoid stress any more than he would shun food, love or exercise. –Hans Selye Each of us has a genius. I am not saying each of us IS a genius. In fact BEING a genius … Continue reading →
I love No Child Left Behind. In May of 2002 I visited our local public school, hung out on the playground and just generally lurked. As the kids were waiting to go home at the end of the day, I … Continue reading →
What can you trust kids to do on their own? Almost anything if you play your cards right. Please follow and like us:
My son Peter supervises, manages, teaches and leads 90 teachers who teach English in 45 different schools in the Tokyo area. In talking about what he does in this 56 second video, he nails the essential distinction between education and … Continue reading →
My daughter and I take turns behind the wheel driving south through Virginia on I-81 with my 10-year-old granddaughter in the back. Riding shotgun, Brooke calls home to tell her 13-year-old daughter and husband that we will be arriving tomorrow … Continue reading →