Please follow & like us :)
About the Author
Welcome to my blog about bringing out the best in children. Hundreds of teachers and parents have added thousands of excellent thoughts.
Please add yours.
Get a copy!
The Genius in Every Child
Buy the Book! < click here >
- Relationship problem? Tried Everything? What to Do? March 12, 2019
- What are the Key Ingredients for a Child’s Success? February 28, 2019
- Another Problem with Most SEL February 10, 2019
- Why Many SEL Programs Fail February 1, 2019
- Social-Emotional-Cognitive Learning January 26, 2019
“A lively, engaging, practical book that captures the dilemmas and joys of raising and schooling children.”
– Robert Evans, Ed.D., clinical and organizational psychologist and author of Family Matters
Category Archives: Mistakes
“I hate him,” said Gabby when I asked her to tell me about her teenage son. Please follow and like us:
What if “epistemology” were written on the whiteboard on the first day of school, and referred to every day after that? What if “To know how you know what you think you know” were universally understood as the point of a curriculum? What … Continue reading →
Our children are inundated with demands from the adults in their lives…. What an exhausting way to parent, especially when there are more effective ways to get the job done. –Maren Schmidt On a recent trip from Chicago to Oakland … Continue reading →
Every night at dinner my three-year-old grandson launches into at least one oration. He holds both hands up with the palms up and out, gesticulating not just with his hands but with his whole face as words pour forth as … Continue reading →
It’s 5:15 pm. Mom is at the stove making dinner. Her six-year-old Brittany sees a bag of candy canes that her mother just brought home for Christmas decorations, and says, “Mommy, can I have a candy cane?” “It’s close to … Continue reading →