Please follow & like us :)
About the Author
Welcome to my blog about bringing out the best in children. Hundreds of teachers and parents have added thousands of excellent thoughts.
Please add yours.
Get a copy!
The Genius in Every Child
Buy the Book! < click here >
- Metastatic Imagination: More Meditations on Metastatic Melanoma January 21, 2018
- Metastatic Intergrity—a Meditation on Metastatic Melanoma January 15, 2018
- Lizzie’s Latest January 8, 2018
- “Small Class Size” Is a Misguided Fetish December 4, 2017
- What Parents and Teachers Could Learn from Diplomats November 22, 2017
“A lively, engaging, practical book that captures the dilemmas and joys of raising and schooling children.”
– Robert Evans, Ed.D., clinical and organizational psychologist and author of Family Matters
Tag Archives: enthusiasm
of personal authority and sense of purpose When evaluating a school, getting there before school starts can be very useful. You get to see the bearing of the teachers as they arrive. You can read their emotional tone as they greet … Continue reading →
From the Signature Room atop of the Hancock Building at 875 N. Michigan Avenue we could look down on Lake Michigan and its beaches stretching all the way to Evanston. We also looked down on Lake Shore Drive filled with … Continue reading →
I read in the paper, “Kids these days need to be taught a work ethic.” Please follow and like us:
Do you know anyone who suffers from any of the following symptoms? Motivated by immediate needs Consequences for negative behavior don’t alter future actions Inability to reflect on past experience to plan for the future Difficulty adapting to change Sees … Continue reading →
Joan Fitzpatrick’s room was a beehive of active learning all day long. There was no doubt in anyone’s mind that each child was being optimally challenged. Joan taught a mixed group of 18 first and second graders on her own. … Continue reading →