Please follow & like us :)
About the Author
Welcome to my blog about bringing out the best in children. Hundreds of teachers and parents have added thousands of excellent thoughts.
Please add yours.
Get a copy!
The Genius in Every Child
Buy the Book! < click here >
- “We Don’t Call Her Weird” October 25, 2017
- I Hate Him September 28, 2017
- Good Parents are Good Leaders (and Never Underestimate Kids) September 11, 2017
- Five Challenges for a Great New School Year September 3, 2017
- Can Documentation Help Schooling Be an Education? August 20, 2017
“A lively, engaging, practical book that captures the dilemmas and joys of raising and schooling children.”
– Robert Evans, Ed.D., clinical and organizational psychologist and author of Family Matters
Tag Archives: Reading
Why I Listen to Children (and Birds before Dawn) One morning a kindergartner named Bianca, on her way into school, gave me a beautiful poster with many drawings and colors. She pointed out herself (the biggest figure) and the other … Continue reading
Yesterday, my wonderful daughter, the professor, sent me the following article in CNN Opinion by James Patterson that nails the issue of learning to read, and I heartily recommend it: “How to get your kid to be a fanatic reader.” Please … Continue reading
I learned I could read the summer before fifth grade. Technically, I could actually read before then, but the adults seemed to feel I was a bad reader; so I was. Being a bad reader (and not wanting to look … Continue reading